Tuesday 28 July 2015

Wildflowers in My Creek Bed

 
Hello Friends!
 
I am posting over at my new blog today.
I hope you'll have time to visit me there.
 
 
My sweet granddaughter has gone home after visiting for two weeks.
It's always an adjustment every summer when this happens. I enjoy her company so much and we have such a good time together.
 
As you can see from the photo we did crafts together. Starlet had this wonderful idea to make neck pillows for herself, her brother and her best friend. She cut the fabric from the pattern, chose the embroidery designs, and then did the sewing and stuffing herself. She did a great job! She says she now wants her own sewing machine.
We are both hooked on the Australian cooking show 'My Kitchen Rules', and we watched it together every night. She also read my old Donna Parker books and Gene Stratton Porters, 'Freckles and The Girl of Limberlost'. She was so inspired by 'The Girl of Limberlost' that she went on line to see if there was still a market for selling moths and butterflies! She said there is.
She's a girl after my own heart and I'm going to miss her, for sure.
 
Now it's time to mosey on over to my new blog here if I haven't worn you out already!
Blessings-Kim


7 comments:

  1. Those are some wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love The Girl of the Limberlost...you must love the movie, too. Great pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neck pillows are a great idea! Sounds like you two had a wonderful visit together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's got to be tough to adjust to after she goes! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photo of your granddaughter with one of her creations. I know you are missing her company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, thank you for visiting my blog today through Kris! What an interesting blog you have!

    It is wonderful that you and your granddaughter have so many interests in common. I know you must miss her. My 2 little granddaughters only live about 3 hours away but I still don't get to see them often enough.

    I love lace curtains! But it seemed that about the time I discovered how pretty they were, the prices soared.

    I collect vintage magazines so I know what you mean by some of the ads and the culture then, part of it charming but some things needed to change badly.

    I'm adding you to my blogroll where I won't miss future posts,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have that time with your granddaughter. I love that you are teaching her skills that enable her to be creative. SO many people are intimidated by simple things like sewing, having that experience will encourage her to try even more! A Girl of The Limberlost is one of my all time favorite books. I read it in 7th grade and loved it so much that I looked it up again as a young adult and have read it several more times. A beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!