Tuesday 26 April 2016

My Latest Embroidery Projects

 
Good Morning!
 

I have been itching to get back to making a few projects on my embroidery machine for a long time, but I wouldn't allow myself the fun until I finished some more pressing projects-ugh.
Last weekend I threw everything else to the wind and whipped up a couple of wall hangings for two of my grands and one for myself, of course.
I have to say that this lemon of a camera that I bought last year doesn't do justice on how cute this wall hanging for Star turned out.
 I would love to toss it in the trash, but I will refrain-this time!
 


This is Lambert's. He likes dragon's now.
As you can see my bottom lettering is a little off. A lesson learned not to work on projects at eleven o'clock at night when you are tired!
 
 
This is for me, for my sewing room. I still need to hoop it.
 
 
And lastly, a Raven with fireweed. I am experimenting with patterns for the bags I will be selling in the Yukon. The fireweed is actually pink there. The pattern colours was wrong, but I will fix that on the next one I make up.
 
Weather wise we have been blessed with sunshine the last three days, but cooler temps. I'm not complaining considering the huge amounts of snow I see some of you are getting in Southern Ontario and out East. Yikes! I hope it will melt fast for you.
 
Since Tim is working today I want to get right on experimenting with my bag patterns again. This time I hope I can come up with some that I really think will work. Do you find you get more done when your husbands not around? I sure do! I don't really understand why, it's just the way it is.
Well, have a good day ladies. I'd better get off to doing some work.
Take care-Kim
 
 



 
 
 




16 comments:

  1. Hi weet Kimberly! What a joy to pop in for a little visit :)

    You have certainly been busy and your embroidery porjects are simply lovely. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bags, my favourite sewing projects, manageable, useful, great for gifts, I can put the quilted blocks on as pockets, I like zippered pockets on the linings at least on one side, and one outside pocket if the fabric isn't too fussy. Lots of free patterns on the net, and if you want the real deal on pay ones, try Indygo Junction !!! Your embroidery will be stunning, hope we get to see some bags soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made such nice bags, Jean.
      Mine have to be simple as the market will only bare so much where I am selling my bags.

      Delete
  3. How I love to see what others have been up to....especially machine embroidery. Haven't found too many people into it. But it is sooo fun. I love your projects! My oldest son would love the dragon design! I am working today on flour sack days of the week towels. Still kind of messing with where I want the design to be. I think I still have them too high. I've learned sometimes it is easier to start with me so that the mistakes and experiments are left with me, lol. I've posted my first to on instagram, but I imagine they will find their way to my blog eventually. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your new towels, Debbie!
      You do such great work.

      Delete
  4. OH, btw, I have not seen embroidery projects hooped to hang...what a good idea. I usually stretch them to like a pic. board and then frame them. I'd love to see some of yours on the walls after they are hung!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mine hooped and ready to hang on the wall.
      I've just got to get those sewing room pics taken soon.

      Delete
  5. Your embroidery projects all look great! I love the Raven with fireweed--so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, Ravens and fireweed are in GREAT abundance in the Yukon!

      Delete
  6. I love your embroidery projects especially on the gingham...darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use gingham for my embroidery!
      Anything with checks looks so cheerful, I think.

      Delete
  7. How disappointing to have a lemon of a camera...still, I really enjoyed seeing what you are working on. So much creativity with the embroidery features. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hand embroidery, Vee, but the machine makes it possible to make stuff I can sell. Yes, this camera is a great aggravation to me.

      Delete
  8. This is on your sewing machine? How wonderful!
    They are all wonderful but the gingham, sewing one is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gingham is the most popular.
      Gingham fabric is just so homey!

      Delete
  9. Kimberly,

    I love your embroidery projects, they're beautiful. I have to agree, I can get all kinds of work done at home when my husband is off working away from the house.

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!