Wednesday 22 June 2011

Why Camp and Cottage Living?


Happy Wednesday Everyone! I said today I would explain the reason behind the title for my blog. It is really two fold. If you live in the northern regions of Canada you most likely say that you are "heading out to camp" for the weekend. My husband's relatives that have second homes in southern Canada always say they are "going to the cottage" for the weekend. I live in a cabin on Lake Superior, which is in northern Ontario, but not necessarily northern Canada. Hence, is my cabin a camp or a cottage? The second reason and my main reason for its  name is that I am in the beginning stages of developing  a business for camp and cottage home decor items. It is in it's early stages, very, very early stages. But I will share with you when I am ready to launch.



This is my rocky beach on the great lake. The water is quite shallow for a long distance so we have great fun playing around in it with the grand kids when they visit. We have a lot of bears and moose  here that we see often. I'll try not to bore you with too many pictures of them, but it is hard to resist! The wee babies are so cute right now. I have satellite Internet service, but no phone service. My mail box is five miles from the cabin, the General Store and our church are twenty five miles away. We go to the "city" once a week to shop, which is a forty minute drive from our place. We do have electricity though. And no, I do not have to use that outhouse I had a photo of in my first post! Once in a blue moon I do get  a wee bit aggravated at the inconvenience, but then I look out at the beauty surrounding me and decide it's well worth it.




The photo in the beginning of my post is from a favorite restaurant-The Voyageur.
Blessing to all,
 

7 comments:

  1. Good morning from Roanoke, Virginia and thank you for stopping by my blog! Hope all goes well for you here in Bloggyland and that you meet tons of great and fun ladies as I have in my nearly 3 years of blogging. Hope you enjoy the ride!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out with blogging questions. I also do free headers and buttons. I won't be around much today... BUT, if you e-mail me I'll get back to you quick as a bunny's tail.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! thanks for stopping by and leaving me a note today! I would love to hear more about your camp and cottage line... I'm thinking about something similar... farm and coast...Are you making things by hand or having them manufactured?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberly, Welcome to the world of blogging. Your part of the world is so beautiful and different from where I am in the southwest US. I look forward to following you and getting to know you better. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. i see snappy di here...one of my fellow blogging buddies...

    stopping by to see you today...

    loved the post...such a beautiful place....

    happy to visit today

    kary and teddy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kimberly..First of all, thank you so much for stopping by to visit me. I love meeting new friends and can't wait to follow you..
    However, I am afraid that my husband might sneak on to my computer and see the pictures of all your deer and moose...He loves hunting and has always had a huge desire to hunt up North...I read to him, your post for today...He told me to tell you that he'll be up to visit soon! ha! ha!
    I do look forward to seeing your beatuiful pictures...
    Blessings to my new freind...
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kimberly,
    I have been checking out your blog.
    Welcome to blog land. It's so much fun. Canada is beautiful.
    D

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!