Monday 31 March 2014

Miss Marple and Sunshine

 

 
It was a lazy weekend around here, but then most are!
Tim and I enjoyed watching our favourite Miss Marple, Joan Hickman, in 'A Murder is Announced' this weekend. She is such a class act.
 I have seen Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple and enjoyed it. But it came across almost as a comedy to me more than a serious murder mystery.
Now I didn't mind Julia McKenzie's version, but I sure couldn't accept Geraldine McEwan as Jane Marple. But then that's just me.
 When Tim and I started spending our summers working in the Yukon we began investing in DVDs  since the programing reception was so bad at the lodge.
 We do have a pretty decent collection, thank heavens. Especially since there isn't much good programing on TV even at our home now these days.
 
 
We've had two beautiful days of sunshine, even making it as high as the low 40s.
See how it is starting to melt this drift of snow in the back of our yard?
My prediction is that it will all be gone sometime in May!
 
 
Tim and I enjoyed sitting out on the deck of our sun porch just soaking in the sunshine.
This photo was taken from there.
Can you see how deep the snow is around this tree?
The animal prints are from the lynx that's been visiting here all Winter. Of course the prints are large now from the exposure to the sun.
 
I'm afraid to check the forecast for fear this beautiful weather was just a teaser.
But I'm happy for even that.
Any break from the cold and snow is welcome here.
 
Be sure to drop by tomorrow.
Tim is going to pick up our Spring chicks!
I can't wait!

 


20 comments:

  1. What a lot of snow, it does look pretty with the bright blue sky and the sunshine. I am a big Miss Marple fan and watch my old ones I have collected too. I am glad you got to have a lazy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could compare notes! This is our reality. Love the description of sitting in the sun...I sure need some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to enjoy the sunshine, but we have that much snow too. Lazy weekends are great sometimes, Blessings aFrancine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any of the Jane Marple characters --so can't comment on that one.

    Wow--you still have plenty of snow there...Hope spring comes to your area soon. I know you are READY for it.

    Maybe Spring is finally coming to our area this week... I hope so since it has been a LONG winter and a crazy one!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so much snow! Just like here. But we don't have Lynx walking through the yard. Although my friend not too far from me saw a large 'cat' the other day. She wasn't sure if it was a cougar or a Lynx as she was so shocked to see it in her backyard!! I like Miss Marple mysteries but haven't seen any in years. I hope you get more sunshine and snow melt Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of snow!! It is pretty though! I never heard of that program, I'm glad you've got lots of good stuff to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow still a lot of snow, but it is soo pretty. I haven't hear of that program, but I am going to look for it so thanks for the recommendation. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow still a lot of snow, but it is soo pretty. I haven't hear of that program, but I am going to look for it so thanks for the recommendation. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Footsteps, can you get our your back door?? Hope it melts before May. Cheers, Jean,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my..I am never ever going to complain about our piddly amount of snow..sure love seeing those tracks. Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have lots of snow too. I am predicting May 1st :-) for us.
    I kind of hope I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping you have a SUN-FILLED week ahead of you..... Geez, that is a whole lot of snow...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That just makes me cold! I'll send some warm weather your way..but maybe I should wait until the storms blow over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We watched Miss Marple with Margaret Rutherford when it was on TCM and really liked the shows. We haven't tried watching them with other actors...just wouldn't seem the same. But you're right, they are a bit like comedies. We started watched Larkrise to Candleford but now we're stuck waiting for the next DVD from the library. We're watching the John Adams HBO dvds right now. We love that series, too. Enjoy your evening! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will try again. I was commenting a few minutes ago and one of the kittens stepped on a key and knocked your blog off my screen. I was saying something like "wow, that is a lot of snow". We have been having a few thunderstorms here already. I'm not quite ready for the tornado season, but I'm welcoming the warmer days.
    Looking forward to seeing your chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your new blog header -- I almost thought I was lost - wink but then I saw your name -- that's way tooooooooooo much snow - my goodness...help! wink
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness you have a whole bunch of snow! So you think it will be gone in May? Hope so since gardening season is closing in on us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! And here I've been whining about all the snow we got, you have us beat that's for sure! The sunshine has kept me going this winter, I sure hope it will be warm and nice for you in the Yukon. I don't know what the weather is like there.

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!