Monday 8 September 2014

Small Home Living Series #1

 
                                                                         assortment
 
The first home I have chosen to kick off this weeks Small Home Living Series is a 665 square foot home built in Wyoming for Carmella Rayone, her husband, and their three sons.
 
I will not go into details about their life and the reasons for their Small Home Living choice, because I want you to visit the owner's site and hear their story in their own words.
It is such an inspiring one!
 
 
This home is so beautifully done and obviously so carefully thought out that I can't imagine anyone not thinking that they wouldn't want to live here.
 
 
Yes, I for one, can definitely see myself in this living room.
 
 
The Master Bedroom
 
                                                                        assortment
 
Master Bedroom-opposite end.
One of the closets contains a stackable washer/dryer unit.
I bet that is a surprise to you!
 
                                                                       assortment
 
Beautiful Bathroom.
 
 
The loft space is for the couples three boys.
They have designed it in such a way that there is plenty of desk space, storage space and closet area for all of their sons.
 
                                                                        assortment
 
Here is a view of all three of the beds.
This is just a teaser, for more information please visit the owners blog here.
She has laid out every detail of their journey in making this small living space into the lovely home you see here in these photos!
**********************************************************
I will be back on Wednesday with Home #2 of my Small Home Living Series, and then Friday with Small Home Living Home #3.
I hope to see you then...



 
 


 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 



24 comments:

  1. For someone who has lived in 3500 sq. ft. for 25 years, I am so ready to live in something like that. I could easily move in there. Our daughter and husband lived in 500 sq.ft. for quite a while and it was lovely. A good design is crucial to making it work and work well. I think I'd put that roll of toilet paper somewhere else, however. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely home and such an efficient use of space. I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, very nice, warm and cozy.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! This will be a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love small houses. This one is just beautiful. What a nice series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has such a good use of space and so pretty, too! Looking forward to the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly,

    I love small/tiny homes. Eventually, when our last child (adult son) moves out hubby and I will be down sizing into a small home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice and very inspiring. My little cottage is roughly 620 sq. ft.

    Thanks for the link, I'm going over there for more inspiration. They did a fantastic job.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!
    I saw this cottage and read about the family that lives there, some time ago.
    I'm impressed with their hard work ethic, and commitment to their goals.

    Thanks so much for sharing. I'm looking forward to your next post :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't that beautiful, I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming place. I love how they placed the 3 beds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Proof right there that we really don't need huge houses for our homes. Home can be what we make it even in a small space like this. It's really beautiful. I'm going to visit her blog now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved it Kim and it has everything one needs.. So nice and bright, too.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable. At your recommendation, I jumped over to her blog. Looking forward to reading her stories. I'll take a small house over a big one any day. Although if I could have something big it would be the land AROUND my small house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic organized space. It's amazing how much can be added to give more space and be so functional and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great job they have done. I am in love with small spaces and am heading over to visit their blog. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Practical, pretty and petite - perfect!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. fun to see the ideas how they used the space so well -- great ideas here..

    HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  19. This series has peaked my interest because we live in 750 ft. cottage!
    Before that, we lived in a 1800 ft home.
    I love the stories behind the reasons to live small.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aack! I got busy and have missed these posts...
    I'm catching up now.
    This is a lovely home. So crisp and homey!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thoroughly enjoyed your post and reading the story of Carmella and her family.

    Everyone thought we were crazy when we downsized 18 years ago to 832 sq. ft. Our youngest was still in high school so there were 3 of us. We added a small art studio for my husband when he retired and took on a new career as an oil painter.

    We are surrounded on our lane by 3 story houses that take the full footprint of the small lots common to beach communities. But, we have no desire to have anything larger.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it ! Very cute and comfy ! I love the natural pine . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Catching up to pick my fave! Loving the boys' loft!

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!