Wednesday 10 September 2014

Small Home Living Series #2

 
                                                                   athomearkansas

For my Small Home Living Series #2, I have chosen a quaint little home owned by Lyndsey Lewis, that is situated in Little Rock, Arkansas.
 

                                                                     athomearkansas

 
You can see that this lovely Small Home Living space, of 557 sq. ft., has all the amenities  of any large home, just on a smaller scale.


                                                                     athomearkansas
 
I am a big fan of white cabinets, especially when they are coupled with these rustic wooden floors.
The appearance of the floors makes one think they were just milled yesterday.
 


                                                                   athomearkansas


Like the first home in Small Home Living Series, it too is so tastefully decorated.


                                                                   athomearkansas

                                                                    athomearkansas


                                                                   athomearkansas
 
I would not have been able to tell that this Small Home Living build was new, would you?
It has the charm and the appearance of an older home.
For Lyndsey's story about why she chose Small Home Living and all the building details, please visit this site.
And for the floor plans visit Tumbleweed Houses.
********************************************************
If you missed the first home in this series you may visit Small Home Living Series Home #1 to catch up.
Thank you all for joining me.
Friday I will return with
 Small Home Living Series Home #3.
See you then!
Kimberly




26 comments:

  1. Morning, yet another sweet wee home, love the decorating.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! I l♥ve the wallpapered ceiling in the first photo! This house that we have lived in for 33 years was a whopping 550 sq feet when we purchased it. It was just about right for a newlywed cottage, but I am forever grateful that we added another 600 sq feet when the girls came along. Still a pretty small house by today's standards, but much more livable for a family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the floors and the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This home is totally adorable and warm! I would just love to visit! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so far this is my favorite..

    HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, I enjoyed seeing both homes. There's just so many creative things to do in a small home in order to get more space...

    Our home is not large (about 1600 sq. ft. --including a 2 car garage)... We only have 2 bedrooms and turned one of them into our office.. That leaves no room for visitors --but it was our choice to do this.

    BUT--when we move again --probably to a condo, I still will need storage. SO--that is interesting to me. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly,

    I love the white painted walls and the extended kitchen cabinets. Doing this makes the place look so much bigger than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as a button!

    Seriously crushing on that wallpapered ceiling.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to live in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my how cute is that ? I would have a prob with the ladder in the mornings though maybe make a slide to come down in that would work lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those small houses it would make me down size for sure.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to tell you about the Justin Cronin book you wanted to know about for some reason your email did not come up.
    It is about a family that owns a summer cottage business the character development is amazing. I have looked up his other books and he has gone on to horror not my type of book.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My gosh- That is just darling. I love it. It makes me want to embrace small house living! Don't you love the green ceiling in the bedroom?

    Great post, Kimberly! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this little house! It is so beautifully decorated inside and out and just perfect for one or two. I noticed the little black wrought iron chair with the pale blue seat near the dining table as it's exactly like one we had next to our phone (our seat was white vinyl) when I was growing up. So neat to see one the same. The floors and kitchen etc. are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything about this home is darling! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything about this home is darling! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this one too! Really great decorating...

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how I missed this yesterday but I am caught up now. I am finding this fascinating! When we were first married we lived in a 860 sq. ft. home with two bedrooms, and by the time we left it we had 3 kids! It was very small! And yet it worked. It's funny how you can organize and make things work when you have to. Looking forward to seeing the rest of these...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these small homes! I'm looking for the square footage and can't find it. Did I miss it? I'd love it if you would include that in your posts, if possible. This is so well arranged and decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this one is awesome! I love the fireplace and the furnishings. It does look like an older home, not brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok... I'm still behind...
    I'm glad I came back to see these small places... I love the clean lines of this house. So adorable. I also like the sectional piece used as a slipper chair, without the arms on it, it allows for the floor space to seem more spacious. Furniture plays a BIG part in small house living, huh?
    Oh! and that bed with the drawers under...and that lovely bedspread!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. This one is lovely too. Seems to have everything you would need.

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!