Wednesday 22 July 2015

Beary Busy Days Here

 

I thought I would show you first my peonies that have finally bloomed, then get on to the nitty gritty of what's been happening here at Camp and cottage Living these past few days.
 

First, we (my grand daughter and I) are on bear watch this morning. We have noticed the last few days that this bear is cutting through our back yard to go for his morning, and sometimes evening, explorations through town.
I know this is a lousy photo, but that's what happens when your camera is in the other room and the bear is moving fast!
 

These garbage cans are the reason for our concern.
Today is trash pick-up day.
 But I am prepared with my fog horn handy and ready to blow!
 
Realistically, I can't just sit here watching out the window all day.
 I have things to do, places to go, and people to see......
Today Starlet, Nana and I plan to go down to the park and walk the path along the lake, then go to get an ice cream cone. Next I am forcing Star to go shopping with me. She strongly dislikes shopping, but it has to be done. Then I expect we will either go fishing or swimming, depending on how warm it gets here. I prefer fishing.
 
 
Yesterday Tim and I canned thirty five quarts of various meats.
We put up bacon for the first time. It is easy to do.
 We just followed a youtube video and all went well.
 

I wanted to share this much better photo of the bear we spotted on our way home from White Lake Provincial Park last weekend when Tim's sisters were here visiting. As you can see he was right next to the very busy (to us) Hwy 17 and it didn't bother him at all. He just kept grazing about on the grasses.
 I'm hoping ,now that I have my camera handy and ready to go, to get a better shot of the bear that is using my backyard as his thoroughfare.
Wish me luck on that!
 Kimberly
 







17 comments:

  1. Now a bear cutting through my yard would be a whole new adventure...what a difference being more north makes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of exciting! Ok beary exciting!! :) I love your peonies too!! I would spend all day watching for the bear myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do not like to hear about bears being so comfortable...way too exciting. Now I am wondering whether fishing or swimming won out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I'm not sure what I would do if I saw a bear in my yard. Your peonies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly,

    Garbage cans attract bears into the area. Good thing you have your air horn to scare of the bear :-)

    You've canned meats woooohoooo!!!! That's something I need to get on the band wagon with doing. I want to can some chicken, beef, and maybe try some bacon too. I am always canning broth, I use so much of it all the time.

    By the way, love your peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, such beautiful flowers, love that color. Hope the bear is ok, neat to see.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a critter I wouldn't want in my yard lol ! All though it would be amazing to see in the wild . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where abouts in northern Ontario are you . The last time I saw a bear was in Restoule Ontario and Timmons .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I woukd totally be nervous to leave my house if I saw the bear in my yard! The bear in the grass almost looks like a large dog! Such pretty flowers. You did a lot of canning! Take care and be careful.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too close by for me, and all your canning work,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing you're bear savvy! The fog horn is a great idea.

    Your canning looks great. I can broth, but have never done meat. How do you use it? Stews and soups? Does it have much texture?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers, love them.
    Bears oh my!


    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice that you still have bears around. I love all of the food you put up. Your peonies are beautiful. I hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would not want a bear cutting though our backyard that's for sure. Be careful. I'm always afraid something is going to sneak up on me in the yard when I'm out weeding and often it's Murray which scares me out of my wits. LOL You certainly are busy with company and canning food!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you have been busy, thats a great addition to the pantry!!
    So many bears this year, good for using the fog horn,,, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, you have been busy, thats a great addition to the pantry!!
    So many bears this year, good for using the fog horn,,, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a busy week. The bear watching I would not enjoy lol. I hear from family further north (here in Ontario) that there are more bears this year. We are heading north of Parry Sound in August so we will be watching too.

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!