Monday 13 August 2012

A Surprise Helicoptor Ride!!

Last week while Tim's sister and his mother were here visiting at the lodge the helicoptor pilot who transfers and drops all the mining exploration crews
into the mountains offered to give us an ariel view of the lake and the lodge.
Doug has been here for nearly two months so DH and I got to know him a bit,
but we were still surprised at his offer. However, it didn't take long for us to
say "yes"!
It had been raining, so the mountains aren't as bright as one would expect
them to be. But it was so thrilling to be riding right next to these lush masses
of rock.
This is the aerial view of  how Kluane Lake appears in front of the lodge.
It's so hard to describe just how vast and uninhabited this land is. One could
truly squat out here and never be discovered! Not that I'm considering that.
I'm just counting the days until I can get back to my beloved home, ladies.
This was just one of the high-lites of  the families visit so if you can hang
in there I'll be back in a day or two with more photos from Silver City and
our trip to Skagway.
Cheers,
Kimberly





19 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous view! How exciting that you got to go on this ride. That was very nice of him to offer to take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome experience, amazing scenery to be seen, but it looks a bit too bleak and barren for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so jealous!!! I would love to see all that from a helicopter. Glad to see you back and will look forward to your posts from your other trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful. You are so lucky to have gotten that ride. Hope you took more photos they are breath taking:)
    God hand at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo glad that you two said yes. What an opportunity. It really is rugged beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous country up there, Kimberly. That was a neat opportunity to take that helicopter ride... That really shows how rugged that area is...

    Are you homesick? Headed home soon?

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is truly spectacular.What a treat to get to see it all from the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you took your camera.
    Really beautiful country. Not a building in sight, though.
    You are way out there!
    It must of been so sweet to have family around you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberly,
    Wow, talk about a view no one else has!!!! What beautiful country side. I would love to have a friend that offers to take you on his helicopter for a ride, enjoy!!!
    Have a beautiful evening and don't work to hard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's quite a treat! Beautiful country for sure! You'll have to hug your beloved home when you get back to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning...it must have been so exciting to see the lay of the land from above!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treat!! Give such a different persective doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad for the update. I bet you are looking forward to going back home. The view is incredible. It is so vast I don't think I have any idea at all in my mind. I hope you are doing good and all is well, I keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gee whiz - lucky you ( blessed) totally beautiful country.. Glad you drop a post here - I was beginning to wonder what had happened..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although I would have been scared out of my ever living mind & body, it would be worth seeing what you've shown!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  18. How gorgeous is that? It looked like a painting...almost too beautiful to be real. I bet you are missing your home though....we'll be glad to have you back too!

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!