Sunday 18 September 2011

Mother In-Law Camp

 
 I really had not planned on showing the MIL camp until it was completed, but so many friends had ask me to post photos, so I will  and try to give you an idea of what it is you are looking at. I hope
you have a good imagination! This 1st photo is the large bedroom. The appliances are here because
my husband is laying the flooring in the kitchen area where they belong. The door in the corner is
the bathroom door.


This is where the kitchen sink will be located. The frig will go in this corner. As you can
see, there is no trim up yet. But aren't the views out her windows pretty?


This is so faded that it doesn't do it justice. The granite that my MIL chose is quite nice. When I take photos once it's finished maybe I'll have better lighting.


Have you ever seen a compost able stool? Really neat. This way we don't have to worry about connecting to the septic system.

This is a bunk room. My husband is building four cot sized bunks for visitors. He is waiting for the two small windows and new doors to arrive yet. These two windows were supposed to be in last week but when we checked on them we found out the two men who said they were ordering them didn't. I can
  understand one fellow forgetting, but two. Well, maybe they each thought the other had ordered them.
At any rate, it's going to be another three week wait! There you have it. There is still ALOT to get finished. He has to run the water lines, put in the counter tops, insulate the attic, install all of the doors and the rest of the windows. Oh, and custom build bunks! I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something too. Next photos will be when he is completely done.
Enjoy your Monday!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be so cute! :) Can't wait to see it finished.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it will be a wonderful home for your Mother-in-law when it is completed, Kimberly. How nice that your husband can do all that work himself!

    I loved the black bear video a few posts ago. He was definitely looking for something to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby is quite the handyman! Can't wait to see the finished home. I'm sure your MIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work going on over there...I like seeing contruction...wish I knew more about it myself to be able to make stuff....out of wood....it's to exact for me....I'm anxious to see how things turn out....Mel's Designs from the Cabin....Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing us the new cottage. I think your mother-in-law is going to be very comfortable living in it. Your hubby is a great carpenter! Can't wait to see it all finished but I imagine you are more anxious about that than I. lol Have a great day! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far it looks great, still looking forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the finished photos...everything just takes so long, doesn't it?..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! it is going to be nice and that's sweet that he is making room for visitors too.

    I've heard of compostable stools...and seen a picture; am really curious how this works. Will have to investigate further. We're thinking of this for our camper.
    Lots of homesteading-off-grid-folks use them too.

    Thanks for the update.
    and thanks for stopping by my place and encouraging me with my 'shop'

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these so we can compare when it is done...How fun! I so love it that you are doing that for "Mom"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking at pictures like that, I am sure when it is all done it will look so amazing.
    It is fun to have projects like that sometimes.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There may still be a lot to finish but what's been done so far is impressive!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's going to be very nice! Love the idea of a compost toilet, perfect for this situation. We had friends years ago that had one. Tell your husband that I would rather have a man like him in the family than a DOCTOR! Worth his weight in GOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cottage is looking great! What a lot of work! They had composting toilets (with sawdust) at the sustainable farm in Appalachia where my daughter spent last summer. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your husband is not only a very handy man, but a wonderful son too. This cottage looks like it is going to be so nice. First time I've heard of a composting toilet. How interesting.
    I think your MIL will be very happy in her new home. I look forward to seeing it again when it is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fantastic. I think it is just wonderful to create little homes within a home ... a space for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..that is great. My mother-in-law still lives on her own at age 96, but recently we are seeing that will not be for much longer...what a blessing to be able to do this for your mother-in-law...you are a great daughter-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it will be wonderful! Looking forward to seeing it all done too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's quite a project, but it is looking very good! I love the idea of the composting toilet, to get around the whole septic problem. I'll be filing that one away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great Kimberly! I may have missed an earlier post, but was this building already on your property or have you started from the ground up? Love the composting toilet idea.. That would work where we are too if it passed permits and all..
    Can't wait to see the finishes MIL Camp... I might need inspiration for my mom one day!
    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful space, can't wait to see it finished!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are read and much appreciated.
You are dear and lovely friends!